Updating your Immunization Practice identifies and summarizes new developments within the immunization and injections field. Based on the comprehensive Education Program for Immunization Competencies (EPIC), this mini update is offered in a case-based format.
Healthcare professionals interested or wanting to update their immunization and injection knowledge will benefit from this easy-to-read, easy-to-reference program.
- Michael Boivin, BScPhm
- Susan Bowles, BScPhm, PharmD, MSc
- Dawn Grakist RN, BScN, MEd
- Noni MacDonald, MD, MSc, FRCPC
- Marty Perlmutar, MD, FRCPC
After completing this program, the participant will be able to:
- Address common myths regarding immunization
- Identify key components of the Canadian immunization system, including recommended vaccines
- Explore key communication principles and strategies for engaging with vaccine-hesitant patients/parents
- Discuss the immunization of special populations
- Address common patient concerns regarding local and systemic adverse effects
- Keep up-to-date on changes in immunization over the last several years
Updating your Immunization Practice
CCCEP File Number: 1066-2015-1608-I-P
This continuing education program has been accredited by the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) for a total of 1.5 CEUs.
Accreditation expires: October 18, 2017