10-15% of patients will have persistent concussion symptoms.
How would you manage these patients?
This online accredited program will provide you with tools and tips from experts on how to assess and manage concussions, including children and patients with persistent concussion symptoms.
Managing Concussions in Clinical Practice reviews best practices on how to assess, diagnose and manage concussions. Participants will have the opportunity to apply their learning as they follow 3 patient cases from beginning to end: one paediatric; one adult; and one patient with persistent concussion symptoms.
This online interprofessional program is divided into 3 individually accredited modules and features interactive test questions, discussion forums and expert video commentary. Participants will also be provided with tools they can easily implement into practice.
Brought to you in collaboration with Complete Concussion Management (CCM), this program applies to physicians, nurses, pharmacists along with all allied healthcare professionals interested in learning more about concussion management.
The following modules are the core components of the program:
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Management and Prevention
- Persistent Concussion Symptoms
Upon successful completion of this certificate-level continuing education program, you will be better able to:
- Apply tools from guidelines and consensus statements to assess patients for concussion
- Evaluate a patient post-concussion according to best practice
- Determine which patients can be managed by primary care clinicians versus those who should be referred to a concussion specialist
- Individualize management strategies for patients post-concussion
- Construct a return to school/work and play protocol based on a patient’s concussion symptomology and rate of improvement
- Initiate and manage patients with persistent post-concussion symptoms
- E. Laura Cruz, MSc, MD, Dip Sport Med, CCFP (SEM)
- Damian Flanagan, MBBS, MWell, DipRACOG
- Pravinsagar Mehta, MD, CCFP (COE)
- Laura Purcell, MD, FRCPC, Dip Sport Med.
- Bruce Wheeler, MD, CCPC
- Moe Abdallah, RPH, BSc.Pharm.
- Carlene Oleksyn, RPH, BSc.Pharm.
Each module of the program is individual accredited. The program is expected to take participants approximately 4-6 hours to complete, depending on their pace. Proof of participation statements become available once all module requirements are successfully completed.
CCCEP File Number: 1066-2016-1883-I-P
This continuing education program has been accredited by the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) for a total of 4.5 CEUs.
This Self-Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity has been approved by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners QI&CPD Program.
Please note that in order to successfully complete the full certificate program, you must complete and pass all module requirements. Participants who successfully complete all module requirements will receive a printable Program Certificate or Statement of Completion.
Accreditation expires: October 19, 2017
For further inquiries, please email us at: email@example.com